What started as a way of personal therapy has become over two years a project of expression and honestly a love affair. The Letters Project is a compilation of two women and every mistake they've ever made. Letters to ourselves, loved ones, not so loved ones... It's all here.
Sunday, August 9, 2015
November, 2013
Dear Future Guy;
My my, do you have your work cut out for you. God is molding me into the perfect girl for you. I was, at one time, a silly, lovesick fool of a girl. Sometimes she rears her ugly head but we try to keep her tied up in the back as much as possible.
Now I’m stronger, more independent, and I know no man or relationship is perfect. They take work (on both sides, man) and if something seems too easy, you’re probably not doing it right. And now that I have more wisdom? I’ll be better for us both all the while. This isn't to say I know it all. I'm no expert. But here are some things you should know about me going in. Nobody likes buying a car and then realizing, HEY, this doesn't have cruise control...
1) I'm a happy girl.
2) I'm ambitious.
3) I love bright colors. I apologize if at some point I ask to paint something pink or yellow.
4) I love being pampered. I love getting my nails done, my hair cut... But bonus? I do that maybe twice a year at most.
5) I'm a real girl. You may have to tell me no. You may have to kill a spider or a wasp for me.
6) I love sports. I may tell you I hate sports to combat the sheer volume at which YOU love sports, but I love sports. Take me to a baseball game. Buy me a beer and a hotdog. You'll get it back tenfold.
7) I'm very easily disappointed. I am a hope for the best, expect the worst kind of girl. No flowers on Valentine's Day? I HOPE for flowers. I expect that you'll shoot craps on this. Surprise me.
8) Holidays are a big deal. Christmas, my birthday. I'm an only child, I grew up as a Princess. The bar is raised.
9) I'm very easily excited. Leave me a note, a card. Surprise me with a $5 stuffed animal from Wal-Mart. I'm not expensive. I'm not high maintenance. I'm just...romantic.
10) I want only to be adored. I want to feel like the most important thing in your life. Because YOU will be the most important thing in MY life. It's just how I'm wired.
These things aren't moving the earth or the stars. It's setting an alarm on your phone to remember it's my birthday. It's NOT being the guy that hates Valentine's Day. In return? I will make a ridiculous spread for you and your friends on Superbowl Sunday. I will cook for you. I enjoy being sexy! I will rarely say no to you, unless you need to hear it. I will nurse your wounds. I will cry with you, and I won't tell anyone. I will be your partner. I only want the same thing.
I'm excited to meet you. And by the way, what took you so damn long?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment