Sunday, August 9, 2015

An Introduction

Welcome to The Letters Project, a deeply personal journey I started years ago to get me through something very painful. To say that what I felt was unique would be discrediting to scores of people that have ever lost someone, has ever had their heart broken, have ever been hurt. But, we all deal with things in different ways. I decided to write. I was involved in what I can see now as a one-sided relationship, to borrow words from a friend, and though I could see the end coming inland like a storm over the ocean, I still fell apart. Someone suggested I write him a letter. This is where it started. Then I found letters I wrote to him intending to send that never got sent and as such, developed a really unique idea. What if I collected the letters? What if I wrote more letters? It would be a type of chronological social record of how I felt and how feelings change drastically over the natural life of a relationship. Doing this also taught me a great deal about myself. How I handle things, how I overreact or under react. My capacity for forgiveness. I’m publishing these in a blog now hoping to have someone stumble upon them and know that though we all handle pain differently, no one knows our own pain as well as we do ourselves. We go through these experiences to learn. To grow. To know ourselves and know intimately what we can and cannot handle. I’ve learned a few things about handling pain, handling disappointment. But I have an incredible capacity for love, for forgiveness, for happiness. So here is my journey. All the crazy. All the sadness, the anxiety, the ups and downs. Here is my life. Please: enjoy the letters. ~ The Author

No comments:

Post a Comment