What started as a way of personal therapy has become over two years a project of expression and honestly a love affair. The Letters Project is a compilation of two women and every mistake they've ever made. Letters to ourselves, loved ones, not so loved ones... It's all here.
Sunday, August 9, 2015
April 7, 2015 (barely)
Dear Reader;
The date is very subjective you know. Here, in Missouri it’s 2 hours and 12 minutes into the 7th, whereas in Australia it’s 5:12 in the afternoon. People are getting off work, going home to eat or, say maybe work outside. It should be starting to get cooler, while here, it’s getting warmer everyday, the signs of Spring are everywhere. The Southern Hemisphere will start seeing fall and winter while here we basically start a slow rolling boil.
I feel like winter. I’m cold, I need another blanket on my bed. Because my heart? It lives in that Southern Hemisphere. It lives on a country road I imagine is a beautiful drive when the trees start to die. Everything I have ever wanted is half a world away.
There aren’t enough words in the English launguage to put this feeling into comprehensive expression. It’s sadness, happiness, lament and ballad. At some point I’m sure I’ll get past all this, but four and a half years later I’m still in the Southern Hemisphere. I’m still cold in the summer, watching the fire seasons, translating American time to Australian and marking the time my heart and soul is waking up.
I’m just a silly girl that can’t let go. I don’t want to, that’s the troubling part. I want to hold onto this piece of me as Long as I can. It’s all I really have left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment